Brand: Thompson & Morgan
- Evergreen and hardy palms: providing year round interest Award winning plant: Holds an RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Showy, tropical and architectural trees: Stunning and large evergreen foliage creates a fantastic garden focal point lovend by many gardening enthusiasts
- Get a touch of the exotics: the perfect plant to grow in your conservatory or plant in a pot, container or border
- Drought Tolerant Palm; Supplied as 2 x 1.5L Outdoor Potted Canary Phoenix palm. Supplied with T&M's very own cultural instructions on how to care for your plants.
- Your satisfaction guaranteed; we want you to be 100% satisfied with any product you buy from us. If you're not 100% happy then neither are we, so let us know and we'll replace your product or give you your money back.
Details: Known as the Canary Date Palm, this striking plant will bring architecture to your conservatory or patio. The magnificent, stiffly leaves arch elegantly from a short trunk. Phoenix canariensis requires frost free conditions all year round, making it ideal for growing as an evergreen specimen plant in a heated conservatory. It is well suited to growing in containers; in winter move to a warm greenhouse. The Phoenix Palm is undeniably impressive and holds a prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit. Height: 1.5m when restricted in containers. If grown naturally in glasshouse borders this palm however can reach up to 5m tall with a canopy of 3m which will look truly amazing.Grow in containers or sheltered borders in a fertile, moist, well-drained soil in semi-shade. If growing in patio containers or pots use loam based compost such as John Innes No.2 or 3. Choose a container only slightly bigger than the nursery pot supplied - repot container grown plants into increasingly larger pots as they increase in sizeFeed and water regularly during establishment. In winter, move container-grown plants to a frost-free position and keep the compost on the dry side. In mild areas plants may be overwintered outdoors if grown in sheltered borders and offered some winter protection with horticultural fleece. Palms need little pruning, in spring remove dead or damaged foliage from lower down on the trunk. Wear gloves when pruning for protection.Caution: Foliage may be irritant to skin.Height if unrestricted: Up to 5mSpread if unrestricted: Up to 3mPosition: Full SunSupplied in a 1.5 litre nursery potDelivered with care and growing instructionsImages shown are for guidance only of the expected results from plants upon maturity. Different growing conditions might vary results. Image may be included for illustration of supply, but can vary due to seasonality changes and may not be the exact variety.